Wednesday, August 31, 2005

::: Halloween 2004 NYC :::

Ok, these are old, but I just recently got the pictures thanks to Pepi. The first picture is me just any day waiting for the L train. I know, I was FAT, that was the result of spending one month studying in the swiss alps with buffet for breakfast, lunch and dinner...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The halloween day we went to a party at Ducci's place, one of the members of Gnatos. Gnatos was a band that made a couple of home recordings and that's all there is, apparently they dissolved soon after I left NYC. That night we played, we drank, we smoked, we danced.

Here we have our beloved Ian Szydlowsky aka P-Slut or more recently known as Putak. Ian, contrary to what most people in Chile believe, is quite alive, and probably more than ever. He is currently dedicated to Flash programming and he's making good money out of it. I stayed with him and my cousing Diego Fernández in a very nice flat in Greenpoint, the polish neighborhood north of Williamsburg. I spent two months there, October and November 2004. I don't know how they could stand me that long, but fortunately we keep being friends. During my season there I convinced him to go to Bikram Yoga since I found a nice place in Billyburg that had this promotion, you could go one week for twenty bucks. So, we went the whole week and Ian loved it and now he's one of the most enthusiast Bikramists I know. As you can see in this picture he had the guts of wearing an Osama costume in NYC... This lead to a whole new personality for Ian, Osama Bien Lacho was born that night...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The very hot and yummy nurse that is posing with him is Pepi. She's the one we have to thank for sending the pictures, although this picture was actually taken by myself. I made her nurse hat that night before going to the party. As you can see, we were on the middle of the Kerry/Bush campaign and she was wearing a sticker, BushOnCrack. Pepi is a great writer, she had a famous column in a chilean newspaper for years and recently she won the first prize for a short story contest in Paula magazine. Nevertheless, the life in the city is not easy and sometimes you have to do less arty stuff in order to survive. Few people know that Pepi wrote this book, 10 Negocios que puedes empezar con menos de $500. I bet she forgot to mention that one of the businesses you can do with less than $500 is actually writing a book about the 10 business you can do with less than $500...

Here we have another shot of Ian, this time with my cousing Diego. For the sceptic people, please note that Diego is my real primo. We started calling each other "primo" as a joke because we had the same last name, but one day he came to my house and my father asked him for his father's name. When Diego said Jorge Fernández, my dad went like, Jorgito? but he's my cousin! They both lived in the same street when kids, and apparently Jorge had some luck seducing some of my aunties... you know, family stuff... yuck!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

In this picture I was playing some very minimal and repetitive piano lines for the Gnatos session that night... Please note my perfect finger technique...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The day after we kept partying, but Ian changed his costume (you bet, some people freaked out the night before...) Then he was Ian the fridge...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This last picture was during my own 29th birthday, Nov 17 2004, in a Japanese restaurant in Billyburg. The baby face was a mask that was in the restaurant, not a photoshop cut and paste. You can see Ivan Navarro, Francisca Benitez and Ian laughing their guts out... I really don't understand, what is so funny about it??

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

1 Comments:

Blogger Isabel said...

Me encanta tu blog, Felipe. Y ver a tanta gente que nunca veo es fantástico.
un beso soleado de Montreal.

6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home